Schwinn Airdyne Exercise Bikes
The Schwinn Airdyne exercise bike entered a crowded market filled with economically designed products for home and commercial gyms. The Schwinn Airdyne fixed many of the quality, mechanical problems and availability of indoor cycle parts. This Schwinn exercise bike has a reputation of being reliable, of high quality, very durable, and easy to obtain spare parts.
Key features of the Schwinn Airdyne
1. A major drawback of most mechanical resistance bikes is the variable friction against the flywheel during an exercise session as well as the trend of decreasing resistance over the brake pad's life. With the Schwinn Airdyne, the exponential resistance generated by the fan is smooth over both a single exercise session and the life of the bike, increasing enjoyment of the ride and reducing joint fatigue. The fan also serves a second function, scooping air towards the rider in proportion to the difficulty of the exercise, helping to keep body temperature at a more appropriate level during long exercise sessions
2. Instead of using the typical mechanical resistance, utilizing a metal flywheel, the Schwinn Airdyne employs a fan that offers generates work through air resistance. The resistance of early Airdynes was generated using a large cage-enclosed fan. Like many elliptical and other cardio machines, the Schwinn Airdyne also has grip arms attached to the resistance fan to provide upper body exercise. Being able to provide a cardio workout that targeted both the upper body and the lower body really sets the Schwinn exercise bikes apart from the competition.
3. Schwinn Airdyne bikes are extremely sturdy and reliable lasting for an exceptional number of years without suffering much wear. This is due to both a high quality build and utilizing air resistance, reducing the mechanical wear on the bike. In the unlikely event that something goes wrong or breaks, keep in mind that Krislynn stocks a full range of original Schwinn parts for many different bikes.
4. The newest Airdyne, the Schwinn Airdyne Evolution has taken the Airdyne line to the next level. By shrinking the size of the fan in half without reducing the amount of resistance the bike offers, Schwinn has introduced a bike that is significantly more compact and quiter. In order to extend the reliability of the bike, the chain drive was switched to a longer lasting belt drive. Kudos Schwinn!
5. Those who are interested in physics and mathematics know that the force of air resistance is proportional to the squared velocity of the object in motion. This means that the Schwinn airdyne has an exponential range of resistance. This allows the same bike to be used for a very broad range of individual abilities.
If you are in need of any Schwinn Airdyne parts, krislynn is your one stop shop!